CYS Virtual Recruitment Fair
Start your CYS Career Today!
Ready to start a new career as a Child & Youth Program Assistant (CYPA) with great pay and benefits*? How does a $200 recruitment bonus upon appointment to the position sound PLUS an $800 retention bonus* at the six month mark? Starting on 23 September, 2021, you can you apply for vacancies for the CYS Recruitment Fair!
*Benefits: Employees in Flexible appointment categories are ordinarily not eligible for participation in additional benefits (401k, life, medical, and retirement), however upon satisfying specific work-hour criteria may be eligible for medical coverage participation.
*Recruitment and retention bonus: A $200 recruitment bonus will be paid to the newly hired/rehired applicant upon appointment to the position. An $800 retention bonus will be paid to the employee after 6 months of satisfactory employment. Eligibility for these incentives and bonus will be applicable to newly hired individuals selected from this Fair only.
CYS employment also comes with:
- Career Progression
- Training tied to salary increases and promotions
- Access to Childcare
- Flexible Work Hours
- Insurance Coverage, including medical, dental, vision, and life
- Paid Leave
- Travel Opportunities
Hourly rates of pay are based on qualifications:
- $13.53 - $18.63 per hour
Qualifications and Conditions:
- Must be at least 17 years old, a dependent of a Service member or Department of Defense Civilian Employee and in pursuit of a high school diploma, OR must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma/GED
- Communicate effectively in English (written & orally)
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment and background checks
- Health assessment and immunizations
- For positions in Child Development Centers, possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs., walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis.
Step 1 - How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit their application package consisting of:
Note: Applications received after 10:30 AM local time will receive a message from the local NAF HR stating that they will not be considered for the hiring fair but they may apply via USAJOBS and be considered on future lists.
Step 2 - Application Status
Applicants will receive communications from the HR Office to inform them of the status of their application (e.g., application received, rating completed, referral status, etc.) Applicants should be on the look out for custom notifications that may contain reminders and/or specific details regarding the local recruitment fair.
Step 3 - Interviews
Interviews will be conducted between 1:00PM and 6:00PM on October 20, 2021. Eligible applicants are expected to be available during this time.
ProgramParent and Outreach Services
Military DSN (312)856-9885
Fort Riley NAF Human Resources
Military DSN (312)586-2325