- Eyster Pool
- 6-Lane, 50-meter heated pool
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms with lockers
- Aquaclimb Wall (unavailable at this time)
- There is no noon lap swim or recreational swim when Custer Hill Aquatic Park is open for the season.
Lap Swim (Monday - Friday):
- Morning 5:00am - 7:30am and Lunch 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Free for Active Duty from 5:00am - 7:30am and 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Custer Hill Aquatic Park
Features include zero-depth entry, a lazy river-style water channel, splash pad and more!
- Long Training Pool (closed until further notice)
- 6-Lane, 25-meter heated pool
- 3-Meter training platform
- 13-Foot-deep section
- Unit Training Reservations
Eyster Pool is available for Unit PT and Training reservations.
Lifeguards will be provided for Unit Training. Click here to download the Aquatics Unit Training Reservation Request Form
Cancellation Policy: If you are unable to keep your reservation, you must cancel 48 hours in advance
For more information, call the Aquatics Office at +1(785)239-9441
- Certification Classes
Water Safety Instructor
Do you love to swim? Are you looking for a portable career? You're in luck: Aquatics offers a Water Safety Instructor Certification Class.
Participants who complete the four-day program will be American Red Cross certified water safety instructors, who can instruct swim lessons. A pre-test is required for training applicants, and advance course registration is also required. Participants must complete all four days of training to receive certification.
Lifeguard Instructor Certification
This course prepares Lifeguard Instructors to teach the basic-level American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Course. In this class, students will become familiar with Junior Lifeguarding, Lifeguard Management, Safety Training for Swim Coaches and Basic Water Rescue.
Participants must possess a current Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED Certification to be eligible for enrollment. Upon completion, participants will receive an American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Certification which is valid for 2 years. For more information about upcoming classes, contact the Aquatic Staff.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Course
The purpose of this course is to teach participants the knowledge and skills needed to prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies. The course content and activities prepare participants to recognize and respond quickly and effectively to emergencies and prevent drowning and injuries.
With completion of this course participants will be certified as an American Red Cross Lifeguard which includes water skills, first aid, professional-level CPR, and AED in one certificate. Each certification is valid for two years. Prerequisites for the class are as follows:
- Participants must show proof of 15 years of age
- Prerequisite Swim Skills Assessment required to register for these classes:
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute 40 seconds:
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps
- Please contact the Aquatic Staff for more information about upcoming class dates and to schedule a swim assessment.
- Aquatics Jobs!