- Start Smart: Children and their parents interact together while learning sports skills to prepare for team sports. Start Smart is offered for soccer, basketball, baseball, flag football, golf, and skill development.
- Team sports: Team sports offered include soccer, basketball, T-ball, baseball, softball, cheerleading, volleyball and flag football.
- Individual sports: Tennis and running club are among the many individual sports offered throughout the year.
- Athletic camps: Camps includes basketball, soccer, baseball and football camps.
- CYS outreach: Youth Sports and Fitness provides outreach activities for the Youth Center, School-Age Centers, Child Development Centers, and Family Child Care providers. At the Youth Center and School-Age Centers, Youth Sports and Fitness offers intramural sports, indoor and outdoor fitness activities, and health promotion clinics. Fun Fitness activities are provided for CDC and FCC providers.
- Special events: Once a month, Youth Sports and Fitness hosts Family Fitness Night. Families - parents and youth - interact and participate in fun, fast paced fitness activities.
- Nutrition and health promotion classes: Classes on current health information, are offered through School-Age Centers, the Youth Center, and Family Child Care provides, as well as parent education classes at Parent Central Services. Several special events are held throughout the year, including Junior Olympics, Neighborhood Nights, and other national competitions and sports tournaments.
- Outdoor Adventure: A once-a-month program offered to third- through 12th-graders. Outdoor Adventure includes trips and activities throughout the year such as snow tubing, ice skating, canoeing, camping, and much more!
Welcome to Youth Sports and Fitness! We offer a multitude of programs to CYS-registered families, including Start Smart developmental programs, team sports, individual sports, athletic camps, CYS outreach, special events, and nutrition and health promotion classes, and Outdoor Adventure.
Workout Wednesday's and Fun Friday's
Every Wednesday and Friday tune into the Fort Riley CYS Facebook page for a fun workout from the CYS Youth Sports and Fitness Team.